Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Adventure

I've been blogging for five years about various things, and I started thinking today that I wanted to start a new blog where I could share information related to nursing school.  This will hopefully benefit aspiring and current nursing students, as well as me.  Please feel free to leave a comment with post suggestions; I plan to share information that I have learned about helpful websites and books, as well as experiences I have had as a nursing student. 

Some background info on me:  I was a public school teacher for eight years, and when I had my daughter in the fall of 2007, I had a really great experience in the hospital.  During those late nights during maternity leave, I started researching different careers, and thought it would be fun and rewarding to teach the childbirth education classes at the local hospitals.  When I looked into it further, it seemed to me that no one would hire me to teach the classes without an RN, and my sister and I joked that I should just go to nursing school. 

In the summer of 2008, I decided to go to the local community college, take A&P I, and see if I could handle school on top of raising two children and keeping up with the house.  I found that I loved the challenge of learning new things, and really enjoyed the class.  In the fall of 2008, I started back to school full-time to take the prerequisite classes to apply to nursing school.  I applied during the spring of 2009, and was accepted into the two-year ADN program beginning in the fall of 2009.

I've now survived a year of the program, which is half of its length.  I am the president of my school's SNA (Student Nurse Association), and am juggling my courseload along with a very energetic 8 year old boy and mama's girl 2 year old.  I am a Cub Scout leader, and love to cook and read.

Please feel free to ask me questions if there is anything else you want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...